Hands-free mobility crutch substitute. Those suffering from Ankle rehabilitation, Below knee amputation, lower leg, foot and ankle injuries can resume their normal daily routines during rehabilitation. The bottom line is that losing the use of a lower leg, foot, or ankle should not also mean losing the use of your hands and arms. The most obvious benefit of the iWalk 2.0 leg crutch in comparison to conventional crutches, is that it is hands-free. Hands-free means that there is no interruption to your normal day-to-day routine. It may sound basic, but it is a freedom that conventional crutches or other crutch alternatives (such as knee scooters) cannot provide.
We are the best crutches alternatives (no, we aren't just bragging) because the iWALK 2.0 makes it possible to do things like walking the dog, cooking, making copies, opening a door – simple tasks that take on a whole new level of difficulty when you use conventional crutches. With iWALK 2.0 as your crutch alternative, you can live the lifestyle you did before your injury.
- Retail friendly - full color carton is 16"x8"x6" (slightly larger than a shoebox)
- USer Height Range: 4'10" to 6'6"
- Weight Limit: 275 lb.
- Crutch Weight: 6.1 lb.
- On/Off Time: 10-15 seconds
Product Features:
- Easy to learn - competency in minutes - easier to learn than conventional crutches
- Toll-free adjustments take seconds
- Eliminates pain and fatigue of conventional crutches
- Boosts user independence, morale and confidence
- Ability to perform common tasks that are impossible with standard crutches
- Fully adjustable - Single SKU fits users 4'10" to 6'6"
- Adapts to left or right leg in seconds
Men and women were not designed to support their weight under their arms, and crutch alternatives such as knee scooters cause extensive limitations to mobility.
The iWALK 2.0 is the only leg crutch that allows you to bear your weight on your legs (as your body is intended) while simultaneously providing mobility far better than conventional crutches.
With the iWALK 2.0 as your crutch alternative, you can walk in a more natural way, recruiting the larger, stronger muscles of your legs. You can walk faster, further and with less fatigue than is possible with conventional crutches or other alternatives to crutches (all while carrying things, to boot!)
iWalk2.0 Testimonials:
"Thanks to iWALK Free I am able to walk and hold my sons hand."
Thanks to iWALK Free I am able to walk and hold my sons hand. I had given up the thought to carry him for whatever reason. Realizing I still have that possibility brings me joy. Thank you!
-Jorge
----------------------------------------------------------
"IT IS BEYOND EASY!"
I absolutely loveeee my iWALK2.0! I didn’t think it was going to be that easy to use. It is beyond easy! I wanted to try it out before my surgery so I could get used to it, well, needless to say, there is no getting used to it. It felt so natural! All of the physical therapists, the resident doctors, nurses, everyone was taking pictures of my iWALK2.0 when therapy came to get me to start walking on it.
They were all trying to figure out how the stairs were going to work for me so I said “Here, let me show you.” I walked up the stairs with it and therapy laughed and said “Well, yeah, you passed your test! That thing is awesome!”
Needless to say the iWALK2.0 needs to be advertised everywhere! Hospitals, Doctors’ offices, therapists… everyone is so amazed by it! Also, I walked out of the hospital with it on when they released me. I refused to let them push me in a wheelchair!
Before my injury, I lost 95 lbs by going to the gym 6 to 7 days a week and the reason the iWALK2.0 is so important to me is so I can stay active, go to the gym and pretty much keep up with my weight loss. My weight loss has become my life and the iWALK2.0 allows me to keep up with this lifestyle. My biggest concern was going to the gym and having to leave my wheelchair there every day.
Well, now I don’t need to. It is a huge plus that the iWALK2.0 is so comfortable! I will be non-weight bearing for 3 months. This is a major life saver!
Sincerely,
Breanna Conforti
----------------------------------------------------------
"I turned up the music and rocked out on my iWALK2.0!"
Having had reconstructive surgery on my right foot on June 18, 2014, I am able to do just about everything that I wish to do save for hiking in the woods! I have spent my days "recuperating" in my shop; I have re-worked nearly all of the cabinetry in my RV, starting with cutting materials on the table saw and finishing with the installation of a new interior!
The unit has worn well. It is easy to go up or down stairs, work in the kitchen and clean the house. Once, upon receiving some unusually good news, I turned up the music and rocked out on my iWALK2.0!! :-)
Thanks for putting this wonderful device out there for all to use. My crutches sit in the corner all day long and I am due to see the surgeon for my final post-op in 3 days. I am planning to donate the device to my surgeon so he and his staff may try it and recommend it to others.
Thanks again for giving me the ability to have a fruitful and stress free recuperation.
Sincerely,
Henry R. Kanner DDS
----------------------------------------------------------
"The iWALK 2.0 is just incredible… I love mine!"
I had a calcaneal osteotomy and tendon resection ten days ago and I am so grateful that I'd ordered an iWalk 2.0 prior. I'm non-weightbearing for six weeks and spending that long on crutches would have killed me. I live in a three story house and for the life of me I can't manage going upstairs on crutches, I end up crawling up. With the iWalk2.0 I can go up and down stairs easily, carry anything I need to cook, do the washing and do my food shopping. I went for a walk in the park today, something that would not have been fun using crutches.
The setup was easy using the instructions, adjustment was a breeze and learning to use it was a lot less scary and much quicker than I could imagine. I was up to pro level within minutes. It only took a couple of days of use to really dial in the exact settings for the straps and it is so easy to put on and off. I can even climb our incredibly steep driveway, slowly but I can do it.
This would not be possible with crutches or a knee scooter and no one would want to push me up it in a wheelchair! The iWalk 2.0 is just incredible. I introduced the hospital physio to it so I'm hoping more people will find out about it in New Zealand. I love mine!
- Nicola- 72- New Zealand
----------------------------------------------------------
"Only with the iWALK 2.0 can I continue to do the things that are important to me."
The iWALK is appropriate for users of all ages, as shown by this 72 year old user of the iWALK 2.0!
"After ordering the iWALK2.0, I could not wait for it to be delivered. I had never been on crutches before, and didn't realize what a great drag they were on life. In addition, with our split-level house, I had three sets of stairs to climb, and I was unwilling to climb and descend them on crutches. Going up and down those stairs on my left knee and two hands got pretty old, pretty fast. (I had ruptured the Achilles tendon in my left leg.) I found it relatively easy to assemble using the instructions in the box alone, even though I was aware of a video on the website. I quickly discovered that it is important to have the thigh strap as high as possible, to increase the firmness of the support. Once I did that, tightened up the three straps, and adjusted the platform height according to the instructions, I was on my way.
I was a little shaky at first…this was a completely new balancing experience. I used my two walking sticks to balance myself, and that gave me the selfconfidence I needed to adapt to this new method of mobility. After a few minutes, I didn't need the sticks anymore in the house. I found the stairs relatively easy to climb, once I got the rhythm going. I found it easier to descend going backwards…the protrusion of my cast meant that I would have to rotate my body quite a bit. ..much easier just to go backwards. We live on a rural property, which is anything but flat. I found that I could easily go up or down slight grades without the use of walking sticks, but when walking along the side of a hill, especially one that was sloping away from my good foot, I needed the use of the walking sticks to help keep me erect. Yesterday I used my leaf blower to clean up the deck and patio area. I little slower than before, but got the job done. Some things I enjoy doing are cooking, working in my workshop, and target shooting on my property. No way to do those things on crutches … only with the iWALK2.0 can I continue to do the things that are important to me. When I am out, many people ask about the iWALK. I had no idea that so many people had spend some time on crutches … they can immediately see the benefits, and wish that it was available when they were on crutches."
- John, age 72
No comments:
Post a Comment